How to Play:
- You will need a white board, chalk board, or paper to write on. You can break into teams or allow each child to yell out the answer. Either way, it’s fun for everyone.
- One person gets to come up with an equation in their head and write the answer on the board – do not write the equation. Write big enough so everyone can read the answer.
- The job of everyone else playing is to guess the equation by yelling out their guesses. Example: 7×4 or 20+8 or 10+18
- Who ever guesses the right equation, wins the round. The next person is chosen to come up with an equation and write the answer on the board for everyone else to guess.
- We like to make sure everyone gets a turn, otherwise the same people end up doing all the writing. This game gives everyone a chance to play and helps all of the kids participating in learning their math facts.
- To keep the game simple, you might decide ahead of time if you will only be using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division. For older kids make it a challenge and include more or all math operations! The fun is in creating your own version.
Will you try this game with your kids? If you try it, come share your experience in the comments! What other ways have you found to help your children learn their math facts?
Please share this post with your friends!
Enter for your chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!