For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that
whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
‘Tis the season to reflect on Christ’s birth. Not only that but it’s time to reflect on all the things Christ has done for me and really, there are more than I can even count.
That’s why I believe.
Because I have seen prayers answered in my life and so many were done in such astounding ways that there is no other explanation than answered prayers. That is how I know my faith is real. I have seen it change lives.
Here are just a few of the many, many ways Christ has touched my life! These are things I prayed hard for and every one was answered.
* Reconciliation with my alcoholic father. (Find that story here)
* Salvation of my father
* Salvation of my husband. 8 years of praying
* My Mom to marry someone great and finally feel loved and whole!
* Salvation of my mom and wow, has He gone above and beyond there! She’s even more amazing!
* Forgiveness of my childhood molester
* Forgiveness of those involved who didn’t handle it the way I wanted
* Four healthy children (I prayed about this since being a small girl. I wanted four kids)
* Connecting with my sisters (bio father’s other daughters)
* And most importantly above all else is His sacrifice to save us ALL. Blows my mind.
That’s just a small list. I could write an entire book on the many ways my Creator has changed my life and made His presence known to me.
As you reflect this Christmas, remember how your life has been changed through Christ. Even the simplest of prayers He’s answered. Sometimes even those astonish me. Or the sweet little gifts He gives when we don’t ask! Like giving me a white picket fence in the backyard last year. I only thought about that. I never told anyone and I never even asked and He delivered it for free that very week!
God loves you. He loves to gift us, just as much as we love to gift our own children. Pay close attention and thank Him for all He has done and is going to do. I am certain He delights in rocking our socks!
I dare you to ask Him to change your heart if you don’t believe or are struggling. See if He doesn’t just shock you to the core of your being. Pray fervently.
Jesus is the gift!
If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your
children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to
those who ask him!
Join us over at (In)Courage as we share our stories of Jesus being the gift. You can also find these beautiful dishes and more fabulous “Jesus Is The Gift ” items at DaySpring . They are one of my most favorite things!!