- The couch we want to replace. At least we have a couch for company to sit on.
- A fridge that needs to be cleaned out. We have food to fill it.
- The dirt on the walls. We have a roof over our heads big enough to house many guests.
- The charcoal from the wood stove my daughter used to draw on the carpet with Saturday. We do have a cheap way to heat our home and the carpet cleaner on loan from a friend cleaned it right up.
- Floors that need mopping. There will be many little feet running on them in a few days. Cousins bonding and playing! Not much better.
- The old riding lawn mower that picked up leaves for me yesterday. 4 hours of leaf picking up on the mower. Can’t imagine how long it would take to rake by hand.
- Messy children’s bedrooms. They are busy making memories!
- Peppermint creamer. ‘nough said!
There are so many things to be thankful for every single day. While I don’t want to focus my attention on thankfulness for material items, we should be thankful for what we do have, even if it’s not perfect. It’s a blessing regardless.
Micah 7:19, “…he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.”