We were made for more than this. More than this failure, more than this cycle, more than being ruled by taste buds. We were made for victory. Sometimes we just have to find our way to that truth. Lysa TerKeurst – Made To Crave
Made for more. Made for more. Made for more. Repeat that.
What are your go-to scripts? Mine is usually, “I don’t care.” And when I don’t care, it gives me permission to not live to be more. I give up control to the food. To my taste buds that are screaming for that sugary treat. And in a way, I tell God, “Well, you might be enough for others but not me. It just doesn’t seem to work for me.”
I love the verses Lysa chose for the reading (Ephesians1:17-19). Paul ‘keeps asking’ because he struggled. Just like you and me. The bible is full of those who missed the mark and yet, continued to seek God. How many of them repeated, “You were made for more,” over and over again?
PS – Did anyone else wonder what happened to Lysa’s friend who went home with the two college guys? I worried about her safety!
- Write out these verses in your journal, adding your name to the blank. Please go the extra mile and look the verses up and read them.
- ____________, the forgiven child of God. (Romans 3:24)
- ____________, the set-free child of God. (Romans 8:1-2)
- ____________, the accepted child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:2)
- ____________, the holy child of God. (1 Corinthians 1:30)
- ____________, the made-new child of God. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- ____________, the loved child of God. (Ephesians 1:4)
- ____________, the close child of God. (Ephesians 2:13)
- ____________, the confident child of God. (Ephesians 3:12)
- ____________, the victorious child of God. (Romans 8:37)
Today’s Fitness Tip:
- Tighten your transverse! … the what? Everyone is so busy talking about the obliques and the six pack, that many trainers and instructors forget to tell you about a deeper, bigger ab muscle that is literally your God-given corset. ~ Women’s Fitness Specialist, Bethany Learn of Fit 2 B Studio