“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
What do you do when you feel like God doesn’t hear you? When your prayers fall on seemingly deaf ears?
I admit, I feel like we’re in one of those places right now. I’m in the middle of the vortex where there seems to be no answer and life is out of control. I know my sovereign God hears me but I don’t feel Him. I’m not seeing an answer and while I try not to live in worry, there are decisions swirling around that seem to have no clear direction.
I trust God. I know in the end I will look back and think, wow, God you amaze me. But in the midst of it, I struggle. What is the right decision? What do we do? How do we do it? Where are you Lord?
This is one of those seasons we all go through. The goal is to stay focused on the light, no matter how dark the days become. But take heart, this blog will continue to encourage. There’s going to be no pity party. We just keep exploring, learning, and plugging along. My hope isn’t in this world. Someday, we will live with rainbows and sunshine everyday and that’s what keeps me going.
Here are a few ideas to help you reconnect when God feels far away.
- Pray. Be in constant prayer. Make the time for prayer. Get on your knees or fall on the floor, just do it. Create a prayer closet. Ask Him to reveal Himself.
- Continue to read your bible. Keep pushing on. Satan wants you to give up. DO NOT DO IT. It will take you much longer to get back on track if you let satan get a foothold.
- Write it out. I’m big on journaling. Sometimes we just need to say what we are feeling but we don’t want anyone to judge us. So write it down in a journal.
- Fast. Fasting is far overlooked today. Study it. Go to biblegateway and type in that keyword and read about it. Then do it.
- Media Fast. Yep, do it. Cut out the tv, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and secular music. Turn on some Christian tunes and let that fill your ears.
- Get creative. Draw something, paint something, do something that helps take your mind off of what you’re feeling.
- Read stories about missionaries. If ever there was encouragement in stories, these are them. Jesus Freaks is a great book about missionaries who stood before adversity for Christ. What could be more inspiring?
How do you push on in the dark days when it seems God doesn’t hear you? What encourages you?
If this article helped you or encouraged you, please share it with your friends or give it a Like. Thanks so much! I pray you are encouraged. If you need prayer, leave a comment.