Think it over. I will be singing that song all day now. It’s so often that I eat and do other things on complete auto-pilot. After I realize what I’ve done I wonder how it happened. How did I just do that without even a thought? It’s frustrating.
When what is lacking in life goes from being an annoyance to an anxiety we run the risk of compromising in ways we never thought we would. Lysa TerKeurst, Made To Crave
I included this Third Day song today because when I read this quote from Lysa, it came to mind. People never crumble in a day. We’re not only taking ourselves on this journey. Regardless of whether we continue this journey to better health, we have others we are influencing in our lives with how we live. Can our kids learn to be healthy if we’re not? Can our spouses be healthy if we’re not?
I have to admit, this part of having a friend keep you accountable is something I find my rebellious self saying no to doing. I don’t like to be told what to do or bossed around. It gets my hackles up and makes me want to rebel. So I have honestly never truly implemented this in my life.
How much are we willing to give up for that moment instant of satisfaction? Esau gave up his birthright for food and then he despised his birthright. Can you relate to this, friend? I sure can. I give up my whole day for some chocolate or ice cream. Undoing the entire day in a moment. For five minutes of enjoyment and then, I hate myself for it.
We need accountability. Even if we don’t like it and want to rebel against it.
When you see a policeman checking the speed of passing cars, are you more likely to go the speed limit?
When you have a meeting with your boss first thing the next morning, are you more likely to be on time?
When a friend experiences success with healthy food choices and losing weight, do you feel encouraged and inspired by her example, or do you feel discouraged and envious?
- Complete this sentence: I do/do not want to invite a friend to help me on my journey to healthy eating because __________________________.
- Prayerfully consider who you might ask to be your accountability partner. While we can do this online in our group, I want to encourage you to ask someone in real life to also do this with you.
- Exercise. You decide how much. Just do something physical today.
Today’s Fitness Tip:
- Don’t put yourself on hold! Your family needs you to be healthy and strong for them. If anyone complains about your taking some sweet time to yourself for a walk or workout, tell them that you will be a better mom when you’re done! Read more about making fitness easier for moms here…click!
- Get real! Are all women in the fitness industry fake? Click here to meet Bethany, a real fitness chick who has a lot to say about being authentic and open in the fitness industry. ~ Women’s Fitness Specialist, Bethany Learn of Fit 2 B Studio
Like this post if you are participating in this online study! Join us as we discuss further at Made To Crave Unofficial Fan Page.
Don’t forget to enter the MyBella Jewelry Giveaway!