For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:8
Do you have a hard time remembering to pray? Do you tell others you will pray for them and then forget? I thought I’d share some tips to help you remember to pray. I don’t know why but this is the one (and possibly only) area that is solid routine. If I tell you I will pray for you, I do.
* If you say you will pray, do it right then and there.
* Have a prayer journal. If you can find something that fits in your pocket, even better. Take it with you everywhere. It’s awesome to look back and see God’s answers to your requests.
* Write the requests where you will see them; post it notes, a white board, chalk board,etc.
* If you have a request you want to remember regularly, choose a trigger object to remind you; a certain word, a color, a song (preferably one that will play frequently), a picture, etc. This is one of my #1 methods for remembering a specific prayer that I want to pray for regularly.
* Set a specific time and place to sit and pray each day.
* Set up reminders on your computer calendar or phone.
Do you have a prayer reminder method that works well for you? Please share it! Have a prayer request? Share it here or send it through the prayer request tab. I will pray for you.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Phil 4:6