GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED! CONGRATS TO SHANNON A!
Let your light shine. What does that mean to you? Is your light shining in your life? Maybe it’s in the smile you flash the checker who scans your groceries. Or in the $4 you handed the cashier to pay for the person’s coffee behind you today. It shines as you gently wipe yet another runny nose and whisper, “I love you” in a tender little ear. When you lend your ear to a friend whose struggle feels larger than life.
Your light shines through in the big stuff and even in small things. They’ll know we are Christians by our love and the light of Christ that shows through.
I love having reminders of scripture in my home.
Like this adorable ‘Let Your Light Shine‘ piece from DaySpring. Artist Dee Kasberger of Red Letter Words designed the Let It Shine wall art along with other ‘Urban Soul’ pieces. I love how she takes scripture and creates stunning art.
I hung it in my living room so that I would see it everyday. I need to be reminded everyday to let His light shine. When the floors need swept, again. When littles hurl their ferocious complaints, let your light shine. As sweet pink tutus swirl and prance, let your light shine.
We’re always on. Always being watched by others. It’s a scary burden to carry alone – especially when I know I don’t get it right a large percentage of the time – but if we ask for Christ to shine His light through us, we can do all things through Him. Baby steps eventually turn into leaps and bounds.
How can you shine your light today? Even in the dark mood that is looming over you now. Yes, I am talking to you sister. One act of kindness starts the crack of light and pretty soon that fog lifts and the day looks a whole lot better. Give it a shot. Let your light shine!
Here’s how I am going to start today, with a little blessing for you!
A GIVEAWAY! $20 to the DaySpring store because those sweet people want to see some light on your face!
Mandatory To Enter:
* Go to the DaySpring store and look around. Then come back and leave a comment telling me what you’d use $20 towards.
* Vote for me at Circle of Moms EVERYDAY – leave a comment everyday you vote!
* Follow me on Facebook – leave a comment to let me know.
* Follow on Twitter – leave a comment with your twitter id.
* Subscribe to this blog via a reader or by email – in the right sidebar – leave a comment. (you must verify your email address or the entry will not be counted)
* Follow DaySpring on Facebook and tell them Melinda Todd from @Trailing After God sent you! Leave a comment. (You must tell them I sent you for it to count)
* Share this giveaway on Facebook!
* Tweet the giveaway on Twitter
* Send your friends to TAG’s Facebook page and have them share who sent them!
* If you have read/purchased my book, leave a review of the book on amazon.com and that is worth FIVE extra entries! Feel free to purchase and review now – available in paperback and kindle. You have time!
Easy Peasy! Good luck! Have fun window shopping this lovely Friday! I will draw a winner on June 3rd at noon! You have lots of extra entries!
*Disclaimer* I was given a free product to review. No monetary compensation was received. The opinions stated above are my own and I only endorse products that I honestly believe my readers will enjoy. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. I am not an affiliate with DaySpring.