Day 10 of 31 days of depression.
Get yourself a journal of some sort and a pen and pencil. The dollar store has lots of them. A notebook will work or grab some paper and staple them together. No need for fancy, unless that is what you want.
For the next 21 days you’re going to be given a writing prompt. Please pray for the Lord to reveal to you what is going on in your heart and at the root of your depression.
Journal Day One:
- Write the date so you can look back at when you started this journey.
- In a few short sentences tell why you are starting this journal and what you hope to accomplish.
- Write down today’s memory verse listed below in blue. Psalm 40:2
- Write your prayer to the Lord for today.
- Memorize this scripture: He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2
- Pray: Lord, please help me reveal what is the root of my depression. Help me to use your word as my sword and shield to fight back. Show me the truth and surround my heart with it. In Jesus Name, Amen.
To purchase this song: Hide My Soul
The next 31 days we will be discussing depression and healthy ways to combat it but we’re going to get real too. Because for those of us who wind up in the pit often, we know platitudes and fluff pieces do nothing for us. My expertise is only based 0n my own very personal battles with depression and is no way, professional or medical advice. Your participation in this series is voluntary and Melinda Todd is not legally responsible for any choices or actions of participants. Participants release Melinda Todd and Trailing After God from responsibility and liability and continue at their own risk and discretion.