Day 12 of 31 days of depression.
It sounds so simple and yet, we don’t do enough of it.
If your child or someone you loved was being bullied, you’d get involved and find a way to protect them.
Friend, you are being bullied! The enemy is bullying your mind and unless you fight back, it won’t stop.
Don’t be disheartened. You have the arsenal in your back pocket to defeat the enemy every single time, no matter how worn down you are.
But you have to use it.
If God always tells the truth and doesn’t make mistakes, then believe Him when He tells you that are wonderfully made. That He knit you together in the womb. He knew you before you were born; clearly you are meant to be here! He made you in His image!
- Memorize this scripture: He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. Psalm 40:2
- Writing Prompt: Write down the lies that you believe about yourself. Each time one pops into your head today, write it down. Then go look up a verse to combat that lie with truth. *If you would like a safe and free place to write, try this online journal at Penzu. It is password protected and you can even encrypt the journal if you need to. You can also use a fake name and junk email address for further protection. This way no one at home finds your personal diary entries.
- Pray: Lord, please reveal the lies that are buried deep within my heart. Help me to replace those lies with your truth. In Jesus Name, Amen.
A few scriptures to start combating the lies:
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27
To purchase this song:More Beautiful You
The next 31 days we will be discussing depression and healthy ways to combat it but we’re going to get real too. Because for those of us who wind up in the pit often, we know platitudes and fluff pieces do nothing for us. My expertise is only based 0n my own very personal battles with depression and is no way, professional or medical advice. Your participation in this series is voluntary and Melinda Todd is not legally responsible for any choices or actions of participants. Participants release Melinda Todd and Trailing After God from responsibility and liability and continue at their own risk and discretion.